Most of us often change Wi-Fi name of our respective devices after a certain period, whether it is your own Android device or the typical Wi-Fi network source.
You will need to follow the different methods to check or change the Wi-Fi network name in both of your devices so that you can finally get the desired name of your Wi-Fi.
We will help you in the article with our simplified process to check or change your Wi-Fi network’s name by following our simple guide.
How to Change Wifi Name in Phone
Well, if you want to check or change your Wi-Fi name right through using your phone device, then yes it is possible and you can do it by following some simple steps.
You will need to use a third party app or the app provided by your Wi-Fi network service provider in order to use this feature.
- First of all you should be connected to your Wi-Fi device by your phone.
- Now launch the third party app called “Genie” or the one which has been provided by your Wi-Fi service provider.
- Now simply enter your login credentials in order to make changes to your Wi-Fi network.
- Once you are logged in to the Wi-Fi network then there you need to tap on “Wi-Fi”.
- It will show you the Wi-Fi page to make changes.
- You can now simply change your existing Wi-Fi name in the dialogue.
- Make sure you save the changes before exiting.
Checking Wi-Fi Name in Router
This is the traditional method of changing Wi-Fi name through your typical router.
Here is how you can do it by following some simple steps.
- You have to log in to the administration control of your concerned router with your login credentials and also you should be having the IP address of the router.
- Once you are logged in then you need to look up the configuration page of the router, where you will find the Wi-Fi name and password related information.
- Once you find it then just enter the desired name in the dialogue box and make sure you save this change.
- Now you can exit and in order to update the Wi-Fi name of the router you need to restart the router in order to let the changes take effect.