Detailed Information of How To Change WiFi Password
Get detailed and step-by-step processes for how to change the wifi password of any router you have including your home wifi router or office wifi router.
We are providing guidance of WiFi passwords since 3 years
With the help of our guides, you can change any passwords you want, follow our blog. We will also guide you to change any app or popular website passwords. It's important to follow the specific instructions for your router brand and model. With our guidance, changing your WiFi password can be a simple and straightforward process.
How to Change WI-FI Password & Name in Simple Step
How To Change Wifi Password: Now a day, technology is improving day by day. We all are getting dependent upon internet services. To deal with or to use the internet we have a Wi-Fi option. But sometimes for authentication purposes, we need to change the Wi-Fi password so that not everyone can take advantage of Wi-Fi services. Only the people who know the password will be able to use it. But sometimes, somehow when your password is hacked by an unauthorized person then for security purposes you should change your password as soon as possible.
Now, in this article, I am going to discuss how to change the Wi-Fi password. For the different systems and companies, they provide a little bit different services to change the password. So, I will try to discuss different aspects to change the password. And you will be able to change the password by yourself whenever it is needed.
How to Change Wi-Fi Password
Let’s first discuss the Wi-Fi term. Wi-Fi simply means Wireless Fidelity which comes under the category of wireless local area network. It is a brand name that is used for IEEE 802 11 standards which were falsely used by the traders and then gradually Wi-Fi is going to use instead of IEEE 802.11x.
Now, come to the main topic of how to change the Wi-Fi password. To change the Wi-Fi password you simply need to change the Wi-Fi settings. In this article, I will discuss all concepts and points to changing the password.
How to Change Wi-Fi Name and Password
So, firstly, let’s discuss changing the name and password. You have an intuition that someone unauthorized person is taking advantage of your Wi-Fi services and now you want to change the password as well as the name so that unauthorized users will not be able to access Wi-Fi service anymore. Or in the second case when you very first set up a Wi-Fi connection then you need to change the Wi-Fi password and name also as in the beginning the Wi-Fi name and password are set by default. Or sometimes you can also choose to have any password access, in that case, everyone can use a Wi-Fi connection and no limited access will remain.
To change your Wi-Fi name and password you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Firstly ensure that you are connected to the Broadband home network.
- After the open window of the browser. You can opt for the internet explorer window also.
- Then you need o type the IP address for the particular company’s services you are accessing.
- Here, after doing this you will see the change password panel on the side of the window.
- By default user name and password are assigned to you.
- Now you can change your username and password as per your desire.
- You need t to enter the Network key i.e. wireless password.
- Then click on the Apply option.
- After doing all the steps you need to reconnect the system again.
These are the easy steps you can perform to change the password and username.
Steps to Change Wi-Fi Router Password
To change the password of the Wi-Fi router, you need to be aware of the IP address of the router company. There are many router service providers on a large scale. Here in this article, I will discuss all the companies along with their URL links or domains you need to change passwords. After getting the URL you need to log in with the provided username and password only then you will be able to perform changes in the Wi-Fi other you can’t change the password. Here, in the upcoming sections, I will describe the details of changing the password of different routers.
Steps to Change Xfinity Wi-Fi Password
If you are using the Wi-Fi facilities of Xfinity and want to change your Xfinity WiFi password for this, but you are not aware of how to do this then you need not worry. Here, I will provide you with the guidelines to change the Wi-Fi password for this:
- Firstly, you need to login into your account on the Xfinity website i.e. www.xfinity.com then go to the settings panel.
- Here select the INTERNET option
- In the internet option, you will find out WIFI CREDENTIALS.
- Here, you need to select the EDIT option to change the password.
- After making the required changes select the SAVE option.
And here, done with the job of changing the password. You just need to follow these easy steps only.
For more information you see these videos;
Steps to Change Comcast Wi-Fi Password
As I said I will provide you with all the important guidelines you need to change the password of your Wi-Fi connection. In this section, I am going to explain to you about COMCAST Wi-Fi password change steps. Well, Comcast is the very biggest broadcasting company. It provides a lot of services. Comcast Wi-Fi services are provided by Xfinity. Yes, Xfinity is a subsidiary of Comcast. So, if are searching to change the Wi-Fi password for Comcast you need to follow the same guidelines as which are used to change the password of Xfinity Wi-Fi.
You are using NETGEAR router facilities and now you want to change its password as you do not find by default password secure or you want to put some strong password for your Wi-Fi so that no one can assess your Wi-Fi facilities without your permission. So, here I am going to discuss changing password steps for Net Gear.
- Firstly open Internet Explorer.
- Here, write down www.routerlogin.com in the address bar.
- You need to write down the username and password in the router login panel.
- By default user name is set as ADMIN and the password is set to PASSWORD.
- To change both or only passwords select setup and then the Wireless settings option in it.
- Here, you can edit your username as well as password.
- After changing the password click on the SAVE option.
- You can also change security options, and wireless network options as well.
So, these are some easy steps you need to follow to change the password of the NETGEAR router.
How to Change WiFi Password in Windows 10
You have changed your Wi-Fi password but did not change it on the operating system. You need to change the password here by yourself the password did not change by itself. So, if you are looking to change your password from your Windows 10, then you can follow these steps to do so:
- First, go to the Network settings.
- Here, you will find out manage the Wi-Fi settings option
- Now, go to the MANAGE KNOWN NETWORKS option
- Here, select the SSID whose password you want to change, then click on the FORGET button.
- Now, when Wi-Fi’s same SSID appears, click on the connect option. Now, you can enter the new password in it to connect with a new password.
- Otherwise, you will not be able to connect with an older password.
How to Change WiFi Password BSNL
If you want to reset or change the password of BSNL Wi-Fi then just follow the steps I am listing below:
- In internet explorer write down the URL number for BSNL Wi-Fi services which is http://192.168.1.1
- Here, Login into your account by entering your Username and password.
- Here, in the navigation bar there is a Configuration option, click on this and then choose the Wireless network option.
- In this option, you will find out Security settings option. Select Wi-Fi Protected Access in it.
- You can edit the password in this section.
- Now, click on the CONFIRM button to save the newly changed password.
How to Change Time Warner Wi-Fi Password
Warner is a subsidiary of Spectrum services. In the case of Warner, you need to enter www.twcwifi.com. Here TWC stands for Time Warner Cable. After that, you need to go to the MyWifi option and then in the main, you will find out login panel. Here, enter your username and password and then in the settings perform changes in the password and save the changes.
How to Change Wi-Fi Password Frontier
Now, I am going to discuss Frontier’s Wi-Fi password. If you want to change your Wi-Fi password for this you can have a look at the following steps:
- Firstly, enter the IP address for the frontier which is http://192.168.254.254
- After getting login, In the Menu, you will find out option Wireless settings and then click on Basic settings in it.
- Now, in the Menu, you need to click on the Security Settings or Advance Security option.
- WPA security option, you need to select.
- Here, you can perform the required changes you want in password and SSID and after then save all the changes you have made.
How to Change WiFi Password on MAC
MAC is a feature of Apple. To change the Wi-Fi password for MAC Wi-Fi I am providing you with the following steps you can follow to change Wi-Fi password in MAC:
- Firstly you need to find out the MAC IP address from the Apple menu > Network> Internet Wireless section> Wi-Fi > Advanced > TCP/IP option.
- After getting the IP address you need to write down that IP address and then like http://192.168.29.1
- Then enter your username and password to log in
- In Wi-Fi security, you will get the option to change your password.
- You can edit your password and then you can save the new password for further use.
How to Change Wi Fi Password PLDT
For changing the password in the PLDT Wi-Fi you can follow the listing steps:
- Make LAN connect to your device.
- Now, in the Web browser write down the IP address http://192.168.1.1
- Here, write down the username and password to log in
- Now go to >SETUP > WLAN > SECURITY option
- Now, change the password to it
- After this click on APPLY CHANGES option.